Thursday, April 12, 2007

busy bee

I've gotten alot done over the past couple of weeks. Some of my vast accomplishments include:
-learning to like peas
-totally getting over my job
-warming up to my job again
-deciding I don't like my job anymore
-remembering why I like my job
-finding out Daddy reads the blog (Hi daddy!)
-finding a place to have my wedding
-having a nervous breakdown about my job and crying alot, to which Nathanael responded "I don't understand." before gently rolling over to face the other direction
-doing my taxes on the interwebs in about 10 minutes (bee-atch) and getting a pleasant return
-having a good day at work today and being genuinely impressed by one of my girls' ideas about "having a fundraiser where we make a play and sell tickets so we can raise money to buy our trampoline" and touched by a couple of other girls' weird desire to play with my hair
-picking out flowers for my wedding and being disappointed that a farm I found to grow my flowers organically didn't know the difference between corn and blue corn flowers *sigh*
-eating alot of easter candy
-proudly setting up a clothesline that goes from fig tree to mating lawnmowers to sprinkler stand to fence gate, hanging up a load of laundry, and promptly watching it get rained on by what was, incidentally, the only rain shower we got for a month
-eating some of nathanael's easter candy
-seeing my precious niece and nephew who, along with my sister and the mother she is becoming, make me so proud
-eating two ripe strawberries right out of the garden
-discovering that there are 8th grade girls in Mobile County who honestly don't know how babies get made, either because the school system doesn't bother to teach sex ed (which they obviously should) or a bunch of lazy parents are leaving the actual parenting up to an impoverished school system.
-feeling like a big fat cliche looking through book after book of wedding cake designs
-remembering that I love Nathanael and I'll love him when he's old and even skinnier than he is now and it really doesn't matter what our damn wedding cake looks like (except that I want it to be different, and really express who I am as a person)
-almost curing a certain fungus among us with tea tree and aloe gel. Take that tough actin' tinactin!
-making the best white gravy of my life

Yep, it's not easy living with the burden of so much abundance, but I'm doing my best.

No comments: